|Suga Shima Lighthouse
(Toba city, Mie prefecture)
Commissioning date : Jury 1, 1873
Bricks supplied for the light tower were baked by the tile manufacturer Sentaro Takeuchi
of Watagano, Shima district, Mie prefecture. The designer was R.H. Brunton.
The standby structure (brick) installed at the same time as the lighthouse was moved to Meiji village for preservation in 1968 and is designated as an important cultural asset.